- Participants must be aged 18 years and up (16 years and up for Aqua Fitness instructors)
- Participants must be proficient in French or English (spoken and written).
- Courses have a minimum requirement of 10 participants.
- Activewear is required for practical courses.
- Participants must attend a minimum of 80% of classes (i.e. 24 hours) for the Basic Theory course.
- Participants must attend 100% of classes for a certification course.
- In the event of an illness, participants must send a medical certificate to the F.I.T. Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must complete and pass the Basic Theory1 course, certification course of their choice with a final grade of 80% or higher and pass the practical exam with a final grade of 80% or higher.
- Participants must hold a valid Heartsaver® CPR AED with Child Module or with Child & Infant Modules certification.
- Participants must fulfill certification requirements within the year following their completion of the Basic Theory course1.
To take a bilingual course, participants must have an intermediary understanding of both languages (French and English) and be able to grasp the gist of the information provided in class.
During the course, the trainer may teach and facilitate discussions equally in both languages or use only one language to preserve the dynamic nature of the lesson, depending on the case.
Participants may use the language of their choice in class.
Course manuals and other documents are available in both languages. Participants can obtain them in the language of their choice.