1. Is the Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA open?
Yes. The Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA offers youth and community programs, including:
- Day camps
- After-school programs and Préscogym
- Pathways to Education
- Alternative Suspension
- Community support for social housing
Our fitness and aquatic facilities are closed.
2. You put out a call for partners for the Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA quite some time ago. Where do things stand?
Yes, we did indeed put out a call for partners in March 2021 for the transformation of some YMCA centres, including the Pointe-Saint-Charles Y.
We are still in discussions with the City of Montréal regarding a transformation project on the site of the Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA, which would allow us to pursue our social impact in the community
3. What is your timeline for the PSC Y transformation project?
The file is complex and several variables other than the timeline influence the transformation project.
That being said, the pandemic put a lot of pressure on our finances and we need to speed up our pace to carry out the transformation projects on all the sites that are not currently receiving funding to maintain their facilities, which includes the Pointe-Saint-Charles site.
4. Who are you in discussions with about the transformation project?
Discussions with the City of Montréal and other stakeholders regarding a transformation project on the site of the Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA, which would allow the YMCAs of Québec to maintain its presence and serve the community, are ongoing.
5. Have you put the site of the Pointe Saint-Charles YMCA up for sale?
The Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA is not for sale. We are in discussions with the City of Montréal to create a joint and mobilizing project to transform the site, one that would meet the current and future needs of the Pointe-Saint-Charles community.
6. Why is your search for partners for the PSC Y taking so long?
It is a complex file and the pandemic slowed down our progress. Our discussions with the City of Montréal are our priority. A search for other partners will follow.
Do you have suggestions? Write to us at .
7. When will fitness activities resume at the Pointe-Saint-Charles Y?
We are currently exploring all potential long-term scenarios to offer fitness activities as part of the Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA’s transformation project.
8. Will fitness activities be included in the Pointe-Saint-Charles Y’s transformation project?
It is too soon to answer that question as we are currently evaluating all potential scenarios. However, one thing is clear: we cannot cover the costs to maintain the fitness facilities without a partner for these spaces.
9. Can members organize fundraisers or can you increase membership costs so that fitness activities can resume at the Pointe-Saint-Charles Y?
The Pointe-Saint-Charles YMCA’s recurrent annual deficits are too substantial to be solved with fundraising alone, as is the case with all of our centres that do not benefit from a partnership such as the ones for the Cartierville, Du Parc, and Saint-Roch YMCAs. The solution lies in a transformation project and the development of a partnership to cover the costs of our large fitness facilities.
We do, however, always encourage our members to get involved in our philanthropic activities and fundraising events to support our community programs